JGU’s Current Research Information System
Current Research Information Systems are web-based software solutions which serve to systematically record and collect research information in one location.
The Symplectic Elements software enables the automatic collection of research information from different external bibliographic databases (Web of Science, Europe PubMed Central, MLA, RePEc, dblp, ORCID, Crossref) with regard to „publications", the integration of data sources specific to the institution with regard to „grants" (MACH), as well as input by researchers themselves.
... is meant for all of JGU’s researchers
On a personal profile page, researchers can manage their publications, grants, or the research prizes and awards they have received.
In the future, the relevant research information will be included on an anonymous and key date basis in JGU’s data warehouse and made accessible through Research Reporting, which is currently a work in progress.
... allows for a comprehensive overview of JGU’s research activities and serves to support scientific activity
- Automated integration of publication lists on personal websites and faculty/institute Homepages
- Individually configurable and automated integration of metadata from external bibliographic data sources
- Import of publication lists
- Connection of publications with every involved author and other databases (grants, research prizes and awards, etc.)
- Personal management tool requiring minor manual effort
- JGU-internal research tool
- Independent data upkeep when using the delegation function
- Export of research information for different purposes:
- Support when applying for grants, allowance, searching for cooperation partners, applying for reassignment of professorships
- Documentation of one’s own research achievements
- Informational basis for faculty reports